Friday, March 9, 2012

The end (?)

My co-workers threw me--and Josh--a going-away party after work today. It felt seriously strange. I was sitting in a room filled with people who have dominated my weekdays (and more than a few weekends) for the past 5 1/2 years. People who have become like family to me. People I've sat in that same room with countless times, sharing good food, cheap drinks and true friendship. But this time was different. This time there was an Eiffel Tower in the corner and croissants on the table. And that can only mean one thing ...

Maybe next week it will hit me that I'm really leaving. Even listening to the speeches, while it started to sink in (and I got a tiny bit teary-eyed), I wasn't really ready to say goodbye. I have one week of work--and one major project--left. Then I can close the book on this chapter and look to the future.

To the News & Review: I've loved working for you. You gave me a voice when I had none, a sense of purpose when I was seeking one. You renewed my faith in journalism and my dedication to the path I've chosen. To all my colleagues there: May you feel the same! And may our paths cross again in the future. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment