Friday, April 6, 2012

Blurgh

A short update for now ....

After a few beautiful, restful days and nights in the French countryside--one night in Dunieres and two in Allegre--we are finally in Yssingeaux. The town is delightful. We're living on a street called La Rue de l'Eternite--pretty romantic-sounding, yes? But there have been a few hiccups in our living arrangements and the school's international liaison "didn't know I was going to be here" and, while we're getting along quite nicely with our roommate, Clovis, from Sao Paolo, Brazil, we will be forced to move ... whenever they feel like getting another apartment ready (which, by my estimation, will be after the Easter holiday, meaning we can't unpack all weekend!).

Add to that the annoyance of not getting into this preliminary apartment until late yesterday afternoon (instead of the morning, as had been promised). This meant that when I went to return our rental car to Lyon, I was able to get a train to the nearest station--St. Etienne--but the last bus to Yssingeaux had already left for the day. So, tonight will be my first night in the apartment. That we'll be moving out of in a day. Or two. Or three. (Hopefully before Josh starts school on Tuesday!)

OK, enough complaining already!! In all, things have been quite good. As I mentioned before, the towns we stayed in this week were breathtakingly beautiful. I particularly liked Allegre (also spelled Alegre). I promise, before I'm finished with this blog, I will get the accents down as well. And Yssingeaux is so nice! Our beacon of "home" is this super old church. I'll have to take a pic of it this weekend and find out what it is.

Well, sleep is calling. Until next time ...

3 comments:

  1. All adventures come with hiccups, roll with them as best you can and enjoy. Miss you. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck over there Mer! Ilook forward to your photos!

    ReplyDelete